Saturday 4 July 2020

Liminal Continues

With rather less technical mishap this time, we dived back into Liminal for the end of Paul's new scenario, The Oak and the Amulet.

With a firm goal in mind, specifically all getting out of the current situation alive and in one piece, we then proceeded to have the most spectacularly awful group athletics roll I've ever seen.  100% failure and 50% fumbles.  Having rolled only 1 under the target number myself, I was invited to spend a will point to make it a success, but under the circumstances I didn't think it was worth it.  The idea of a group roll is that if someone in the group is really good and gets a critical success, it cancels out someone else's failure.  In this case, that didn't help.

Ultimately, despite a rather undignified exit from Ilkley Moor (baht'at, of course) we did solve the case and do some good.  And we had so much fun, we're hoping Paul will return with another scenario for us to try out.  Being an urban fantasy enthusiast, I've hardly ever had the chance to play a game like this because it's always been me in the GM's chair.  Getting to play this game is brilliant.  I hoped I might get to play it at a convention some time, but so far the only person offering it at the conventions I've signed up to has been me.

Rather to my surprise, I'm really enjoying the streaming.  Part of it is getting to play with some lovely people.  Part of it is being able to go and look at the previous game's stream to remind myself what happened - part of the reason I do game write-ups on this blog is because I can't remember what happens from one week to the next.  I've managed to find a level of makeup that I'm happy with, and I think my microphone use is improving.  The only thing I'm considering changing is the camera.  Currently I'm using the DroidCamX app and have my camera in a holder above the monitor.  I'd like to have it set so it's showing my face a bit straighter on rather than giving a good view of the top of my head, but I'm not sure if that can be achieved with the current setup.  And I don't know if having a webcam on top of the monitor would improve that.  Maybe I just need to make my chair taller.

Streaming adventures continue tomorrow as we dive properly into Mutant Year Zero.  Tune in at 7pm on Twitch or catch up later on YouTube where you can also catch up on the story so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment