Saturday 2 January 2021

A year in (largely online) gaming

2020 was going to be the year when I got to lots of in-person game conventions.

Accordingly, I have set absolutely no goals for 2021.

That said, I did manage a pretty huge amount of online gaming, to the point where I'm looking at taking a step back and trying to do a bit less of it.  (I write this just after pitching two games for an upcoming convention.)  My two regular groups both moved online, and I've also picked up new groups and dipped my toes into the strange world of game live streaming.

Games I've played this year:

Liminal
Alien
Scum and Villainy
Pathfinder 2e
Call of Cthulhu 7e
Sainted London
Coriolis
Cthulhu Dark
Delta Green
Dungeon Crawl Classics
The Code of the Spacelanes
The d6 Hack
Dead of Night
Symbaroum
Vaesen
Mutant: Year Zero
Tales from the Loop
FAE Ghost in the Shell
Agents of Concordia
Mothership
When Shadows Fall
FFG Star Wars
Unknown Armies
Exquisite Crimes, Goth Detectives
Kult: Divinity Lost
Dungeon World
The Cthulhu Hack
Punkapocalyptic
Broken Shield
City of Mist
Quieta Non Movere

The one thing the year's really lacked is cyberpunk, with a single game in the Ghost in the Shell setting being the only thing I've played.  With some new stuff coming out for Carbon 2185, plus the release of Cyberpunk Red, I'm hopeful that will change.  Because if I have to live in a dystopian future, I'd like to at least pretend for a bit that it's the fun one with the cyber arms.

Earlier in the year I decided I'd better figure out who my post-apocalyptic personality was going to be, ready for the inevitable downfall of society.  In the absence of any LARP, I thought it would be fun to dress up, and my husband was kind enough to photograph the results for me.  When roleplay twitter asked me to share an image to sum up the attitude I was going into 2021 with, I picked this image of the Magpie Queen.

She's exhausted.  She's angry.  But she's not done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment