Wednesday 3 January 2024

Character Creation Challenge 3: Don't Rest Your Head

Don't Rest Your Head is a game about insomniacs who have failed to sleep for so long that they have become Awake. They can see reality. And reality can see them. Yes, it's a horror game.

Jenny Walsh

What's Been Keeping You Awake?

The cold. My parents threw me out in the middle of winter and I've got nowhere to go. It's so cold that I'm afraid if I fall asleep I'll freeze to death. So I haven't slept.

What Just Happened To You?

I saw something in the snow, and it wasn't human. I was sitting on a park bench, resting for a minute, and saw it go up to the next bench. There was someone sitting there, and it sort of wrapped itself around them, and then they were gone. That's when I started running.

What's On The Surface?

Average height, short blonde hair which I haven't been able to brush recently, hidden under a bobble hat, wrapped up in a ton of layers with a big coat on top. I tend to try to make myself look small and inconspicuous.

What Lies Beneath?

Rage. It's like I've spent my entire life bottling up rage, but being too afraid to let it out.

What's Your Path?

 I need to figure out who I really am, now I'm outside of the box my parents tried to force me into.

Choose Responses

Fight 2, Flight 1

Determine Talents

Exhaustion talent: breaking things. When I let out the rage, nothing stands in my way.

Madness talent: shrinking. I can make myself so small that I can fit through any space and go unnoticed anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment