Monday 23 December 2019

A Year in Gaming

2019 was the year when I decided that one weekly game was not enough.  I joined the MK RPG club, went to three game days, played a couple of one-off games with the lovely people behind Pear of Geeks, and ran my first online game.

Games I've run this year:

  • The Sprawl
  • Scum and Villainy
  • Liminal

Games I've played this year:

Campaigns

  • Pathfinder 2e
  • Coriolis
  • D&D 5e
  • Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
  • Warhammer FRP 2e
  • Night's Black Agents
  • Blades in the Dark

One-offs

  • Dungeon World
  • Fiasco
  • Ten Candles
  • Trollbabe
  • A Penny For My Thoughts
  • Zombie World
  • Delta Green
  • The Shab-al-Hiri Roach
  • Rapscallion
  • Shadowrun
  • The Code of Steam and Steel
  • Blue Planet Recontact
  • The Outhere
  • Call of Cthulhu

And there's still a week of the year to go so I might be able to fit one more in there.

To anyone suggesting that I have no life, I would counter that I've had at least twenty-one this year, and that's not counting the eight different LARP characters.

Goals for next year:

Attend more conventions.  I'll be doing the usual Concrete Cow and Spaghetti ConJunction, and have booked for the Dudley Bug Ball and the Northampton RPG day.  Hopefully going to North Star and Owlbear as well.

Run some Delta Green.  The home group are deeply embedded in Pathfinder 2e right now, but hopefully they'll be up for a few weeks of X-files style investigation between campaigns.

Run a Liminal campaign.  There's a bunch of pre-written adventures so I've got plenty of material to get started with even before I start writing my own stuff.

Write and publish some adventures of my own.  Because I've run plenty of good games, and I should write that stuff down.  If a scenario is good, there's no reason not to run it multiple times.

Finish my cyberpunk novel.  Because the world is descending into a cyberpunk dystopia, and this might be my last chance to release it as sci-fi and not general fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment