Thursday 3 September 2020

Dolphin and Octopus: Knowledge: Nature

Back in the days of Google+ I used to write up news stories involving certain sea creatures as if they were playing an RPG.  I'm digging them out of the archive for a second outing.  May include harm to animals.
 
GM: You see an orca approaching.
Octopus: I make a knowledge: nature check.  <rolls dice>  OK, orcas are a kind of dolphin...
Dolphin: It's a dolphin?  I'm gonna make friends!
Octopus: Erm, hold on a minute.
Dolphin: This is gonna be awesome!
Octopus: That thing is two size categories bigger than you!  And there's also the other name...
Dolphin: I roll diplomacy.
GM: OK.
Dolphin: Did it work?
GM: The orca makes its attack role.
Dolphin: You what?
GM: And it applies its knockback attack feat.
Dolphin: What's going on?
Octopus: If you'd waited a moment I would have told you that thing's other name is Killer Whale.
GM: Take damage from the attack and falling damage from when you hit the sea again.
Dolphin: I hate you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment