Monday 7 September 2020

Dolphin and Octopus: Ride

And just like that, fate gives me a brand new episode...

GM: It's a moray eel.
Dolphin: Oh no!  Those can kill you in one bite!
Octopus: I don't want to fight that!  Wait...can I grapple it?
GM: Bonus per tentacle.  Go for it.
Octopus: <rolls dice> Critical success!  I grab onto the back of its head so I'm out of reach of its mouth.
GM: It thrashes about, trying to shake you off.  Make a ride check.
Octopus: Oh dear, I really didn't think this through.  No ranks in ride...wait, my per tentacle bonus applies to ride as well.  <rolls dice>  Hell yeah!
GM: <sighs> You effortlessly ride the moray.  Now what?
Octopus: I'm going to have to get away somehow.
Dolphin: How about your jet propulsion feat?
Octopus: Perfect!  And I can add my ink cloud ability to that as a free action to prevent the moray's attack of opportunity and gain a stealth bonus as I escape.
Dolphin: <singing> When you learn you can ride and your ink lets you hide, that's a moray.
GM: I hate you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment