Tuesday 12 November 2019

Convention planning

My convention calendar for the first half of next year is currently looking like this:

12th January: Role Play Games Day (Northampton)
8th February: Spaghetti ConJunction (Birmingham)
22nd-23rd February: Dudley Bug Ball (Dudley)
14th March: Concrete Cow (Milton Keynes)
9th-10th May: North Star (Sheffield)
30th-31st May: UKGE (Birmingham)

The 'do more conventions' plan is looking pretty good so far.  I plan to offer a game at most of these, so I'd better have some ready.

Scum and Villainy
While I love my Firefly scenario, I've run it four times now, so really should write something new.  (Although I'll keep it on hand for North Star where I'm likely to meet people I haven't played with before.)  Fortunately the other half has given me an idea, so now I'm writing a scenario for a bounty hunter crew.  It's technically a sequel to the first game, although it doesn't matter whether anyone has played the previous one or not.  Should be fun.

Don't Rest Your Head
I'm writing a scenario using my own setting for this, The Witching Hour.  This is a tough one, as the nature of the game means I actually need to make pre-gens, which I've never bothered with for S&V.  Also it's going to be horror, not a genre I have a lot of experience in.  But there's only one way to fix that.

Delta Green
The bundle I bought came with a bunch of adventures, and they've got good reviews.  Since I'm pretty new to Delta Green, it seems like a good idea to run something tried and tested before attempting to write my own.

Coriolis
I love this game and its setting, and I think I could come up with something entertaining and unusual.  I'm not sure what that's going to be yet though.  Something to think about.

Cyber+Punk
I have the outline of a scenario set around Christmas/New Year for this.  I need to get it written so I can try it out around Christmas this year and make sure the game actually works.

That should do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment