Friday 8 November 2019

Ylva Talks to the Fairies, part 3: Darkness Awakens

I was a bit ill for parts of this game, so did miss a bit.  The GM magically revived me with sugary coffee.

Gather round.  We spoke to the tribe elders about Gunther FrostTouched.  We asked the gnome too, Tonk...yes, I like her too.  It was long ago for us, but elves live a long time, and there is one in the mountains who is old enough to remember.

No, the journey was fine.  Two days to get there.  We didn't see the yetis.  We spoke to the elf who was a friend of Gunther back when he was alive.  He knew about the darkness and the curse.  I was right.  When we destroyed the ghouls, the darkness was able to awaken again.  But what could we do, when they were dragging people away and eating them?  No, I don't want to be eaten either.

The elf was leaving his cave to follow the yetis down the mountain.  No, I still didn't see them.  They're very hard to find in the snow.  On the way I heard a strange noise.  Like birds, but angrier.  I summoned a gremlin to help me but the poor thing had so much trouble with his darts.  Once Turgut had dealt with the big dinosaur, the little ones ran away, so I gave the gremlin a hug to comfort him before he had to go.

There was trouble when we got back to the forest.  Blood Druids were walking parallel to us.  No, they weren't friendly like the Ulthani.  They all charged at Turgut, so I summoned a sprite to dazzle them all.  It worked a bit too well, and Turgut got dazzled too, but Aunold sent most of them to sleep and then I just had to charm the leader to get him to talk.  Yes, he was quite nice really.  But I went to play with my sprite while the others killed him.

Then I heard a terrible noise.  I can't describe it.  It was the worst thing I ever heard.  I was so scared I ran away.  Yes, of course they came after me.  We're a tribe.  I know, some of them think I'm strange.  But they are my people.  Just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment