Monday 21 October 2019

Noghri Death Squad, part 2: Bad few days

Personal log, Zatti.

Bad few days.

Long walk. Tired.

Trail of destruction through the jungle. Looked promising. Followed. Splattered corpse. Certainly looked like my team's style. Tracked them to a cave that was about to be attacked by space bats. Lacking equipment, attempted to punch a bat. Failed. Not a problem, as the others emerged and stabbed them up, getting covered in neurotoxin in the process.

Not a problem for me, anyway.

---

Feeling much better after getting some rest and my stuff back. I'm ready to break locks, infiltrate facilities and hack computers! Except we're still in the jungle and the only electronic thing around is BS-OJ, and after the way he's been oiling himself I don't want to touch him.

It seems I ran into the team in the middle of carrying out another task on our list: finding a rogue Jedi. There's something weird going on at a nearby village, so I stealthed my way down to take a look at the medical centre. Comparing notes afterwards it was clear something was badly wrong here, with villagers acting peculiarly and sometimes disappearing entirely.

We're going to take a group trip into the village to try to get some clear answers.

---

With hindsight, perhaps going to the village like that wasn't the best idea, but something had happened to my brain that was stopping me making good decisions, and I have no reason to believe the same thing wasn't happening to the others. I'm a bit confused about what happened next. I think I wanted to go to the temple but wasn't allowed. The next thing I'm clear about was being strapped to a chair, which isn't normally the way round that kind of thing happens, but I was feeling like myself again so I wasn't going to complain.

Clarice, the woman in the medical centre wanted someone to find her missing husband. Naturally we had more important things to concern ourselves with than hunting for missing persons, but I had a hunch that we might end up finding him anyway.

With only 24 hours until we risked having the medical treatment wear off and succumbing to brain rot again, we had to work fast. The temple seemed like the best place to look for a rogue jedi, given that all of us who had fallen victim to brain rot had wanted to go there. Taking advantage of disease to strengthen filthy Jedi mind tricks sounded like just the kind of thing a rogue Jedi might get up to.

Realising that I'd been the victim of disgusting non-Vader-sanctioned use of the force made me very angry, so after stealthing into the temple and seeing the jedi converse with BS-OJ I was ready to kill.

Ready, but not able, as the strange chitinous carapace he had grown was deflecting my blaster fire. Gax demonstrated some excellent shooting and shot his light saber right out of his hand, but that did nothing to affect his force powers. I saw him hover in the air and shortly afterwards heard the clang of Noghri on droid as he used his jedi mind tricks to turn one of our own against us. But I didn't have time to think much more about that, because another jedi had arrived.

I realised straight away who it was. Clarice's husband. I didn't have time to say anything though, because he attacked me with his light saber, and moments later I realised that Gax had also succumbed to jedi mind tricks as he turned his rifle on me.

I woke up some time later under the influence of a stim pack, struggling to focus on anything with two massive wounds still visible on me. There were some dead people in the basement, from some kind of experimentation, presumably the work of the rogue jedi given how many of them had chitinous carapace parts. The other jedi had a necklace with pictures of Clarice and her child, so I was right about who he was.

After that we went back to the village, where Aoghri killed Clarice and her child. I wasn't expecting that, but the child was clearly a potential jedi so needed removing. All the same, I've realised just how poorly briefed I was on this mission.

Another item ticked off the list, but I don't think we've done much to foment rebellion, and I can't see anyone in this village being willing to listen, even to our diplobot, after what just happened.

I hate this planet.

What use am I with nothing to slice?

Maybe if I ask nicely BS-OJ will let me look at his circuits.

I can still see where Gax shot me.

I hate jedi.

Foment rebellion. Then we can leave.

Bad few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment