Thursday 31 October 2019

Noghri Death Squad, part 7: Let's go with 'handmaid orgy'

Personal log, Zatti.

Operation Foment Rebellion continues. The others came up with plans that largely seem to involve wearing people's faces. While I have no problems with this, I felt that a multi-pronged approach would be more effective.

Vesk went looking for a slicer to unlock the data pad he had. I suggested he go to the bar and look for a man with long hair in a black t-shirt. Success! Once Gannis the slicer had unlocked the data pad, I paid him to create some fake holovids depicting some of the salacious rumours that 'Wanksy' had been painting on the walls.

He produced two videos. 'Spinebreaker', depicting Lord Vader doing unspeakable things to Queen Stefani, resulting in her needing the wheelchair, and 'Handmaid Orgy', fairly self explanatory. The others joked about them being for my own personal use. Honestly! What kind of pervert do they think I am? There are humans in those holovids! Gross.

I waited until dark, then stealthed my way into the communication tower, sliced into the broadcasting equipment, and deployed my holovids. All undetected! Nerve-wracking, knowing I could be found at any time and that my combat efficiency without the rest of my team is significantly diminished, but I got the job done.

The others were busy too. Aoghri did some more Wanksy graffiti, which was honestly a work of art, to the point where I was wondering if it might get some kind of preservation order put on it. The way he rendered the bread helmets of the royal guards was quite exquisite.

Wuzu went shopping, and came back with what I think was some kind of weaponised coffee grinder for Vesk. (It's possible I may not be very good at identifying tools.)

Vhoak headed out into the desert and killed some kind of large monster. Apparently you can get paid for that kind of thing. He did look a bit squished when he got back.

Tensions were high, and it was only one day before the royal visit, but we had other things to worry about. Oobidoo Abida was not happy about us killing a bunch of his people, and had sent a squad to take us out. We learned of their arrival when they exploded a hole in the back of our shuttle. Bastards!

I opened up the entry hatch, so that if anyone threw a grenade into the back of the shuttle it could roll right through and out again at the front. What it actually did was reveal a group of Oobidoo's Barabel goons.

I'm glad to say that I maintained maximum combat efficiency in the resulting fight, putting the disruptor pistol to good use and neatly dodging the Barabel's attacks. They appeared to have prepared rather badly, bring insufficient ammunition and shoddy weaponry. Not quite as badly as Voahk, who had not yet recovered from fighting giant monsters in the desert and spent most of the fight horizontal. Wuzu took a different approach, and persuaded one of the Barabels that it was in his best interests to leave before any of us got to him.

We hadn't taken on a group of this size before, and it was a very stressful experience, with blaster fire flying in all directions. Aoghri and me were constantly dodging projectiles, and throwing yourself around like that while maintaining cover is exhausting. By the time we'd made a substantial dent in the opposition, I was on the point of passing out and Aoghri was running out of working limbs. But as I was about to collapse, the lead Barabel threw a smoke grenade, shouted some macho crap about how we 'hadn't seen the last of Shank', and sodded off.

The remaining two Barabels surrendered. We promptly executed them, as is the Noghri way.

Probably shouldn't go to the bar right now, given how they feel about us doing surgery on the tables. Could really use a martini right now. Although, come to think of it, I do have a bottle of Corellian whiskey in my bag. Maybe it will be friends with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment