Sunday 27 October 2019

Noghri Death Squad, part 5: Combat efficiency

Time to shut down this rebel base! I did a brilliant job on the communication array, making it look like outgoing communications were being sent, but in fact we were completely cut off from the outside.

We then made our way to the officer's quarters to see what we could find there. Gax and me took one room, while Vesk, Aoghri and a temporarily shut down and in a box BS-OJ took the other. While Gax and me were completely silent, the other group ran straight into a group of maintenance droids.

I didn't want to let a bunch of rebel droids distract me from the mission. All the same, my first attempt to open the door failed. I got it open on the second attempt, but it opened rather suddenly, and I embarrassingly faceplanted straight through the doorway, in front of the station commander Ford Harrison.

Gax opened fire, and I nimbly leapt up and shot Harrison with my sonic blaster, disorienting him and incidentally destroying the desk he was using as cover. Unfortunately he then shot me back with a disruptor pistol, which significantly impacted my combat capabilities, leading to my choice to make a tactical retreat.

Right, who said 'coward'? I'll bite your knees off!

...Ahem.

The fight with the maintenance droids didn't seem to be going too well, and I was in no position to improve it, so I slipped away out of sight and used another stim pack. After looping around I was able to meet up with Vesk again, who had just demonstrated a superb example of a stealth take-down on Ford Harrison by emerging from a ventilation shaft that he had definitely not been hiding in. He relieved Harrison of his disruptor pistol and handed it to me.

We then heard a loud noise, that sounded rather like a thermal detonator going off. It didn't seem like a particularly sensible choice to run towards the sound of an explosion, but we did anyway. There we found:
The almost obliterated remains of two droids.
A fine smear of red mist across the walls, which we assumed to be Gax.
BS-OJ, lying on the floor.
Another droid, vigorously beating BS-OJ with a shock stick of some kind.
The unconscious body of Aoghri.

I raised the disruptor pistol and disintegrated the droid. I love this pistol. Since acquiring first the sonic blaster and now this disruptor pistol my combat efficiency has improved significantly. Vesk says the pistol is illegal, but then, so are we.

Unfortunately, BS-OJ had already been smashed and electrocuted beyond repair, but we were able to get Aoghri back up again with the aid of a stim pack. Together we searched Harrison's office, where we found a glowing cube that talked. It said we should check the computer. So I did, and found some very exciting battle reports, plus some encrypted information on our home planet. Something to look at later. For now, we're going to properly loot this base, rescue any Imperial prisoners who might be locked up here, and then blow the place apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment