Wednesday 23 October 2019

Noghri Death Squad, part 3: Wheeee!

Wheeeeeeee!

Oh yes, personal log, Zatti.

Out of that horrible little town. Feeling a lot better. And we're going to do what we came here to do - head to the city and foment rebellion!

Message from Agent Flamingo. Strange goings on at a nearby base. Advised to stay away. Gax wanted to investigate, but Vhesk and me are feeling unusually strong willed, and refused. We had a job to do.

Looking at a map, we could see the quickest way to the city was to get on our speeder bikes and drive them along the river.

Wheeeeeee!

We set off with Gax taking the lead, closely followed by Vhesk, Aoghri and me. (I have no idea where the diplobot got to, after Aoghri found his restraining bolt, but doubtless he'll show up again eventually.)

Gax took an early lead through the rapids, while Vhesk made solid progress ahead of me. Aoghri collided with an overhanging branch, but somehow managed to style it out, performing an apparently effortless somersault over the branch and landing perfectly back on the bike. Unfortunately I wasn't quite so lucky, slamming straight into a branch, which left me...well, let's just say that after surviving both being shot by own of my team and light sabered by a jedi, it would have been very embarrassing if I'd happened to collide with any more branches.

But I didn't. Instead I stylishly took the next turn with immaculate form and balance, slapping a stim pack into myself with one hand and gunning the throttle with the other. Round the corner I could see Gax using the speeder bike weapons to gun down some filthy rebels who were attempting to shoot at us from the top of the gorge, performing a perfect 360 as he trained the guns on them.

Aoghri shot past me and up the side of the gorge, executing a spin that lined him up to rejoin us, while Vhesk vanished from sight as he sped up the opposite bank. I took the next turn at speed, spraying water in a sparkling fan as I caught sight of Gax again.

Vhesk reached the top of the cliff and slammed his bike straight into one of the remaining rebels, who plummeted off the cliff as Aoghri rejoined us from the other side. Moments later, Vhesk flew off the cliff, executing a perfect landing at the front of the group.

Wheeeeeeeeee!

Further down the river and closer to the city we stopped for a rest and to allow Gax to patch up his speeder bike, which had taken some damage from the rebels' gunfire. But we soon realised we had company incoming. Vhesk and me built a barricade using our speeder bikes, while Aoghri dived into some bushes.

Down a slope came a gang of filthy rebel scum on speeder bikes, accompanied by a droid that we recognised at once as MX-XP.

The filthy rebel scum proved basically irrelevant as Aoghri, now completely hidden from side, lobbed a bunch of grenades out of the bushes and took out all of them. The droid was more of an issue.

Gax and me fired from behind our speeder bike cover, with Gax effectively taking out the droid's own speeder bike. Vhesk lept out to engage him in combat. He promptly broke both his molecular shiv and his vibro-knife on the droid's shielding, and had to resort to using his Noghri teeth and claws. The rest of us kept firing, despite the disorienting noise from the droid's sonic blaster. Gax slammed rifle fire into him. I managed one perfectly aimed shot and disoriented him right back, although I did get knocked over by the blaster's kick back.

We took him down. An X-wing was hovering overhead, and as he was about to break we heard him begin to upload himself from his body into the X-wing. Vhesk jumped into action to disrupt the upload. We saw the X-wing stop, hovering in the air for a few moments, spin round a couple of times, then fly away.

On to the city now, to spread stories of how the evil rebel droid MX-XP brutally slaughtered a group of innocent people and how only the might of the Empire can protect them from such atrocities.

We might need the diplobot for that. I wonder if I can reprogram him a bit?

No comments:

Post a Comment